These custom made wide wedge wire shower grates are manufactured to order at any length. Prescribe the position of the outlet and choose its diameter This is a fully Watermark certified drain custom made locally in Melbourne from 316L stainless steel.
The quoted price is made up of:
- The base manufacturing charge of $99.95
- A charge of $0.23 for each mm of length (Select the width and then enter the length in where prompted below)
Linear wedge wire shower grates - modern simplicity
DrainTEK's custom made wedge wire shower grates are manufactured to order at any length. You can prescribe exactly where you wish to position the outlet, and select the size of the outlet making it the versatile choice for any new build or renovation. The quality is superior to most shower grate products on the market and you will not find a better priced custom made shower drain at this quality level.
Highest quality linear drains for premium bathrooms
- Full 316L (low carbon) marine grade stainless steel
- Width of 120mm for a wider coverage
- The tray is 1.2mm thick for superior strength
- V profile drain tray for efficient water drainage
- Fully welded high load bearing wedge wire insert (3mm wedge wires and 3mm gaps)
- Manufactured in Australia to any length with specified outlet position and size
Indoor Shower Grate with the Highest Specifications
- Full 316L (low carbon) stainless steel tray and outlet (1.2mm thick) in any length
- V profile with 27mm depth for efficient drainage
- Choice of 40mm or 50mm diameter outlet at any position
- Watermark licensed under WMTS-040 - Certificate 23396
- Note: Tray lengths greater than 3,000mm will be supplied in multiple pieces with joiner plates. Simply affix the tray lengths together using the joiner plate with a quality waterproof adhesive sealant (eg. Sikaflex)
- Manufactured in Australia
- Wedge wire insert
- Wedge wires 3mm wide with 3mm gaps and 3mm x 20mm heavy duty supports
- Wedge wire support bars every 25mm for superior strength and heavy duty load supprt
- No plastic components
- Note: Insert lengths greater than 1,500mm will be supplied in multiple equal pieces unless you advise us otherwise. Longer inserts can be heavy and difficult to remove and handle safely. They butt up together for a seamless look
- Lifetime Warranty
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects
Click on the icon below to download the PDF manual for this product
Typical Installation Steps
- Construct shower surround in accordance with structural requirements leaving a penetration for drainage.
- Add a suitable drainage flange and fasten/bond in place and cap during the building phase. DrainTEK recommends using a suitable puddle flange with an internal diameter large enough for the shower grate outlet to fit loosely within.
- Complete water-proofing in accordance with AS3740 with waterproofing turned down into the plumbed drain.
Note: Do not integrate tray with the water-proofing as steel expands/contracts differently to other materials.
- Adjust the height of adjustable puddle flange (if installed) to suit desired shower grate height If your tray outlet is not attached, then adhere with a waterproof adhesive sealant prior to installation and ensure it is secure.
- Set tray at required height in mortar so the finished tiles will be just above the top edge of the grate tray.
Simple Modular Assembly
Simple bolt assembly - The standard channel module lengths have pre-installed bolt holes to affix the supplied end caps or joiner plates (for long lengths).
Bolts supplied - 316 Stainless Steel bolts are supplied for the installer to assemble the channel modules prior to installation
Utilise sealant - drainTEK recommends that a quality outdoor waterproof adhesive silicone is also used with the bolts at channel joins and end-caps to ensure a suitable seal
Affix and seal end-caps - Custom cut lengths of outdoor channels may not have the pre-installed bolt holes at one or both ends. In this case, simply use a quality outdoor waterproof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the end-cap.
Affix and seal outlets - Outlets are also to be affixed to the underside of the channel where holes have been drilled to order. Simply use a quality outdoor water proof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the outlet.
drainTEK Lifetime Warranty
Every drainTEK drain grate you purchase includes a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects. For details, read the warranty terms and conditions on the drainTEK Warranty Protection page.