These custom made tile insert shower grates are manufactured by DrainTEK to order at any length. Insert your floor tiles into the removable tray to achieve an almost invisible drain! Prescribe the position the outlet, and select the size of the outlet making it the versatile choice for any new build or renovation. The quality is superior to most shower grate products on the market and you will not find a better priced custom made shower drain at this quality level.
The quoted price is made up of:
- The base manufacturing charge of $104.95
- A charge of $0.25 for each mm of length (Select the width and enter the length in box where prompted below)
A narrower 85mm variant is also available here.Read more
Linear tile insert shower grates - for a minimalist drain
DrainTEK's custom made tile insert shower grates are manufactured to order at any length. You can prescribe exactly where you wish to position the outlet, and select the size of the outlet making it the versatile choice for any new build or renovation. The quality is superior to most shower grate products on the market and you will not find a better priced custom made shower drain at this quality level.
If you require a corner piece (for an L shape configuration), please add your corner piece here.
Highest quality linear drains for premium bathrooms
- Full 316L (low carbon) marine grade stainless steel
- The tray in all materials are 1.2mm thick for superior strength
- 27mm deep V profile drain tray for efficient water drainage
- 13mm deep tile tray to accommodate most floor tiles
- Manufactured in Australia to any length with specified outlet position and size
- Full 316L (low carbon) marine grade stainless steel tray and outlet (1.2mm thick) in any length
- V profile with 27mm depth for efficient drainage
- Choice of 50mm, 76mm, or 90mm diameter outlet at any position
- Watermark licensed under WMTS-040 - Certificate 23396
- Note: Tray lengths greater than 3,000mm will be supplied in multiple pieces with joiner plates. Simply affix the tray lengths together using the joiner plate with a quality waterproof adhesive sealant (eg. Sikaflex)
- Manufactured in Australia
Tile Insert Tray
- Full 316L (low carbon) marine grade stainless steel 1.2mm thick
- Support feet along entire length for heavy duty load support
- No plastic components
- Note: Insert lengths greater than 1,500mm will be supplied in multiple equal pieces unless you advise us otherwise. Longer inserts can be heavy and difficult to remove and handle safely.
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects
Click on the icon below to download the PDF manual for this product
Typical Installation Steps
- Construct shower surround in accordance with structural requirements leaving a penetration for drainage.
- Add a suitable drainage flange and fasten/bond in place and cap during the building phase. DrainTEK recommends using a suitable puddle flange with an internal diameter large enough for the shower grate outlet to fit loosely within.
- Complete water-proofing in accordance with AS3740 with waterproofing turned down into the plumbed drain.
Note: Do not integrate tray with the water-proofing as steel expands/contracts differently to other materials.
- Adjust the height of adjustable puddle flange (if installed) to suit desired shower grate height If your tray outlet is not attached, then adhere with a waterproof adhesive sealant prior to installation and ensure it is secure.
- Set tray at required height in mortar so the finished tiles will be just above the top edge of the grate tray.
Simple Modular Assembly
- Simple bolt assembly - The standard channel module lengths have pre-installed bolt holes to affix the supplied end caps or joiner plates (for long lengths).
- Bolts supplied - 316 Stainless Steel bolts are supplied for the installer to assemble the channel modules prior to installation
- Utilise sealant - drainTEK recommends that a quality outdoor water proof adhesive silicone is also used with the bolts at channel joins and end-caps to ensure a suitable seal
- Affix and seal end-caps - Custom cut lengths of outdoor channels may not have the pre-installed bolt holes at one or both ends. In this case simply use a quality outdoor water proof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the end-cap.
- Affix and seal outlets - Outlets are also to be affixed to the underside of the channel where holes have been drilled to order. Simply use a quality outdoor water proof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the outlet.
drainTEK Lifetime Warranty
Every drainTEK drain grate you purchase includes a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects. For details, read the warranty terms and conditions on the drainTEK Warranty Protection page.